Thursday 19 April 2012

WHEN WILL ENOUGH BE ENOUGH?

http://www.ehow.com/
Rape is one of the leading increasing crimes in South Africa and all around the world and instead of rapists feeling any remorse for what they are doing, they are actually justifying it. Early in the year around January, I remember there was an incident where a young lady was being followed by a group of men in Noord Taxi rank in Johannesburg because she was wearing a short skirt. She was harassed and humiliated but the follow up of that case vanished in thin air. And if I remember correctly, an incident of that nature took place a few years ago in the same taxi rank where taxi drivers said; “if a woman comes in my taxi wearing a revealing skirt or dress, I will touch her because she would be asking for it”. I was still in high school and I remember telling my mom that I will not wear all my short skirts because I was so scared.
Woman all around South Africa live in fear of being raped and it seems to me that the system is not doing enough to stop this. In recent occurrences,   17 year old girl was gang raped by 6 men and two of these men are suspected to miners meaning they are under the age of 18. What shocked me when I read about this story was the reality of it, what kind of role models do these young men have. There are a lot of campaigns being done on rape but I feel that people don’t realize how important something is until it happens to them.
Here’s something I would like to live you with; Rape is like murder, when a person gets raped not only do they lose their dignity but they lose their souls and the scars never heal. Don’t wait for it to happen to you or someone you love. LET US STAND TOGETHER IN FIGHTING CRIME!

18 comments:

  1. #RapeVideo, as I commented on this #-tag. Community justice would have resolved this case in a more proper way, I think. And would also have rehabilitated the pepertraitors for better. Believe me, they will never want to face that particular justic e system.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get what you saying but community justice goes against the constitution at times. however, I agree with you, it would have resolved this case better.

      Delete
  2. all im just asking myself what will happen to these kids who raped because i don not think jail is the solution

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a jail for miners called juvenal so they should go there. If you are above the age of 10 you should be able to distinguish between right and wrong and I believe that these boys knew precisely that what they were doing is wrong.

      Delete
    2. so that means when they come back with the new bad manners the have learnt in jail thry will be manners to society stiil i think a mental childrens school will be good for them

      Delete
    3. I don't believe that those boys are mental, I think they just hang around bad company that's all. What those boys need is a positive enviroment and good role models. And for all we know those boys could have been forced to do what they did which makes them victims as well.

      Delete
  3. I really hate the slow approach our government is taking towards situations like this! How many more incidents should occur before action is taken? It really is vital that we all take a step in fighting crime because our nation will just keep falling if crime continues at this rate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelebogile I understand what you are saying but the government are not the only ones that form part of the system, it is up to the people to act and report such incidents.

      Delete
  4. Well no one turn to take such issues seriously because is a usual crime happening each an every hour,victims sometime remain silent about this because they no there chances of getting help are equal to case vanishing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Themba, that is precisely the reason why I blogged about this; to show people that enough is enough and we need to start taking steps to put an end to sexual alone. the government cannot stop crime on their own, we need to work together.

      Delete
  5. Regarding the mini -skirt part, I will suggest that as a women you must dress decent in a way that it will make you feel comfortable and you must remember that there are kids who are watching you , so if you dress like a prostitute what kind of an example are you setting to younger kids.Lastly the 31st,41st future leaderswill be shapen by us the youth of 19th century so lest behve and dress as if we are already country leaders.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Kelebogile I think we as a nation we should just take matters into our own hands as the government is just taking it likely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nyiko, I repeat government are not the only ones in the system; they need us the people to work with them in resolving such issues. We all know how powerful a nation is when they stand together, so we should do the same.

      Delete
  7. A lot of things can change if people really decide that enough is enough. Most of you will agree with me when I say there are people we know who sell drugs, steal cars, etc but we never report such people because crime has become a way of life. Should we decide to take a stand against this, only then will we see a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  8. these men who rape are hurtless.i wonder what goes on in their minds when they do this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rape is so ignored that it has become a normal thing to do. And yesterday when I was watching the news I found out that the girl who was raped is actually mentally ill, so because of her condition these men thought it is okay to do what they did to the girl.

      Delete
  9. And another issue is that of parents neglecting their kids.According to the neighbours, this is not the first time this has happened to this girl; they said she always goes missing for a while and comes back and her mother has never reported it to the police because she doesn't care what happens to the child,.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're right it is very important to your post, women around the world suffer many injustices, and rape is among the most criminals.

    Thank you for visit the "photosphera" and chose the blog, very happy to reciprocate with your lovely space. A hug

    my photo picasa album

    click Picasa

    ReplyDelete